Loadout: Water Bottle Survival Kit
I stumbled across a great post on IG by Nathan (@thelastboyscout79) of this amazing water bottle survival kit loadout and I was so grateful when he was happy for me to share it with you all.
Nathan: I made a few modifications/upgrades to my original “ultimate water bottle survival kit”. It has all 10 of Dave Canterbury’s “10 C’s of survival” stored inside a water bottle. Keep in mind it’s for survival/emergencies and you probably won’t be comfortable if you have to deploy it, but you have a much greater chance of survival in an emergency situation. It also takes up minimal room, and weighs under two pounds.
- CUTTING TOOL – Esee Gibson Pinch in an Armatus Carry Architect sheath and a Victorinox Swiss Army ALOX Farmer
- COMBUSTION DEVICE – Exotac fireSLEEVE with a BIC lighter, Exotac nanoSTRIKER, UCO storm proof matches, three UST wetfire tinders, five SOL tinder quicks
- COVER – SOL 1-2 person emergency blanket
- CONTAINER – Klean Kanteen 40oz stainless steel water bottle, six Katadyn Micropur MP-1 tablets, eight Aquatabs, and a Sawyer Mini filter with straw
- CORDAGE – 100’ of paracord 90
- COTTON BANDANA – Colter Co Survival bandana
- CARGO TAPE – Exotac ripSPOOL
- COMPASS – Suunto Clipper NH and pace beads
- CLOTH SAIL NEEDLE – Exotac ripSPOOL
- CANDLING DEVICE – Olight i3E EOS with a chap stick lid diffuser and two extra batteries.
Editor: We each have our own unique carry journeys and gear preferences, but by sharing your pack and its contents you can help inform and equip others on their adventures too. Why not share a loadout today?
– Reviews –
– Loadouts –
– Store –