Loadout: Spare Camel EDC
I love it when readers decide to share the content of their packs. Here’s what Tyler sent us…
This is my EDC and carry-on Load Out for a family vacation to the West Coast… Including a trip to Disney and a day hike to the Hollywood sign.
• BO Gear Spare Camel backpack (Brisbane Outdoor Gear). Absolutely the best pack ever created! My Pack Config patch wasn’t delivered in time. Bummer! Editor: But you do have an awesome GR Light patch!!! Nice one!
• Cheap folder and notebook with an assortment of pens/pencils/sharpie. Two pocket sized Moleskine notebooks packed for quick access.
• BO Gear Simple Sally pouch. Used as an EDC dopp kit with chapstick/tissues/meds.
• ANKER braided 10ft iPhone charger. So far the best charger I’ve had working everyday for the past 6 months.
• VON ZIPPER sunglasses and pouch. Basic necessities!
• 40ft of paracord in hi-vis orange on a handmade wooden spool. It should go as an unsaid rule that you never leave the house without some paracord!
• Cheap earbuds cause I’m always losing them.
• 32oz NALGENE bottle. Empty for the flight of course.
• BO Gear Cellblock M pouch. Carries several of the smaller items at the top of my bag. Really helps to distribute the weight/bulk.
• NEW BELGIUM koozie. Just cause you never know when you’ll need one!
• BO Gear Schrapsacs. Three of them; one with a power bank and cord, one with spare change, one for extra earbuds. Cause the kids lose them too!
• RECYCLED FIREFIGHTER Truckie pouch. I use this one for my pocket dump stuff like a hanky and flashlight.
• PATAGONIA Houdini packable raincoat and a small cheap towel. Cause it rains sometimes and kids always make messes!
• REI stuff-sack and homemade pill bottle FA kit. Never leave home without a few bandaids. Dang kids!
• MAXPEDITION Skinny Organizer pouch used as an allergy/emergency kit with epipens and such for my daughter. Airplanes have peanuts!