Loadout: Snow SHADO Pack
When it snows in England it lasts a day at best, so we all get out and enjoy it as much as possible. I took the opportunity to walk into work and here’s what I carried.
Most of these items are just what I carry in my EDC pack, but the F-Stop insert was added as a bit of extra weight (and so I could take a compulsory snow photo) as I like to subscribe to GORUCK’s idea of throwing some weigh in your pack and go ruck-ing! Most of this stuff has been part of my carry for a long time and is well worn in (except the orange!).
- Generic Shemagh/scarf
- Klean Kanteen
- PDW EDCO with glowstick, Chopsticks (for my lunch!), Standard Pack Config Logo Patch, TAD pouch with homemade bag inside, Thyrm Cell Vault, PDW Stash Pouch (IntoTheWild Patch) with Personal First Aid Kit, PDW Stash Pouch (Recon Patch) with Leatherman, Gorilla Tape etc.
- PDW SHADO Pack with Gear Trap, Waist Belt, Earth Pack Config Logo Patch, Original Ru-Titley Marker and GrimLoc Carabiner
- Mechanix Wear Insulated Gloves (a winter essential for me and boy am I liking the FastFit!), EDZ Merino Beanie
- Bellroy Elements Phone Pocket
- F-Stop ICU with camera gear
Editor: Nothing helps our pack choices more than learning from others. Whether it’s your tried and test combination of items or something new you’re trying out, we want to see it. Click below to get started or click here for help on what to send us.
Nat Wagstaff Editor-in-Chief
While I was researching packs for a 100km endurance hiking challenge, my interest in how we organise our gear gave birth to Pack Config, a place that inspires its readers to improve their own packs. What I carry, either daily or out on a hike, is constantly being refined as I discover new methods and products. More…