Loadout: September Coastal Hike
At the weekend I joined a hiking group on a 16 mile hike around the coastlines of Whitstable Bay. Here’s what I carried…
- Matador Camera Baselayer (plus my Nikon D3000 used to take the photo!)
- Snowpeak Titanium Mug
- HiGear Flask
- Metal Lunchbox which did contain a homemade pesto pasta with roasted pinenuts, mozzarella and homegrown tomatoes.
- Ru Titley gear tie
- Titanium Spork – can’t find it now, but looks just like this one
- Metal tin with roasted peanuts and raisins
- Camelbak 2L Antidote (this is old now, so there’s probably better models)
- PDW Stash Pouch with Ru Marker Kit and first aid kit
- HiGear hiking pole (not used)
- Recycled Fire Fighter wallet
- iPhone 7 and handkerchief
- Homemade paracord bracelet
- Prometheus Design Werx SHADO Pack 24L with Solstice Recon Patch and GITD Ru-Dot Patch
- Fellman Watch Co. Beartooth V2 with PDW Compass
- The James Brand Folsom –
I got this for review from Wingfield’s, which is a UK based store. Had they not reached out about working together I would be recommending checking them out anyway, as they have an amazingly curated selection of quality gear. I’ve also managed to secure a discount code from them for a sizeable 20% off any of The James Brand range that they have to offer (which looks to be everything!). Just use code “PACKCONFIG” when checking out.
- Olight S1R Baton
- Another PDW Stash Pouch with Bold Patch, GITD Ru-Dot Patch and some odd bits including a small bit of gorilla tape, nail clippers, tweezers, plasters, and vaseline to combat any chafing.
- Small Exped Drybag with TAD Quantum Merino Layer – no longer sold 🙁 – this might be similar
- Timmy Hat – The Redback Company
- Patagonia Torrentshell
Cub Config jumped up onto the chair and started snapping away at me setting up this loadout!
Editor: We each have our own unique carry journeys and gear preferences, but by sharing your pack and its contents you can help inform and equip others on their adventures too. Why not share a loadout today?