Loadout: Danger Ranger Pack
I spotted Brian Redgrave’s hiking loadout recently and loved it so much I asked him if I could share.
My load out is tailored around two blog articles I will be submitting to PDW for their Danger Ranger Bear site (water filtration, and hot beverage choices to help keep warm during a cold weather hike).
- Pack: Deuter ACT Trail 30 with PDW All Terrain patch and Cub Cubs Lapel Pins (DRB and Spirit Bear) I had to sew the Velcro loop material on myself.
- Camera: Sony A7ii
- Lens: Sony/Zeiss F4 16-35mm
- PDW Strider HT-G10 fixed blade
- PDW DRB Scout folding knife
- PDW 2Hawks Long Hunter Tomahawk
- PDW DRB Kerchief
- PDW Mizu water bottle
- PDW 3mm cord
- PDW Versabear filled with local honey
- Misc dry beverage pouches (coffee, cocoa, tea, and cider)
- Nalgene 1qt bottle
- MSR HyperFlow water filter kit
- (2) Ziploc 1Gal freezer bags
- Violent Little Machine Shop “Survival Patch”
- Solo Stove and Pot 900 combo set up
- PDW Enamelware mug 16oz
- Tactical Tailor Enhanced Admin Pouch with survival kit contents
- Before my day hike I’ll add some snack items, granola bars, trail mix, beef jerky
Editor: Nothing helps our pack choices more than learning from others. Whether it’s your tried and test combination of items or something new you’re trying out, we want to see it. Click below to get started or click here for help on what to send us.