Loadout: Camp Scouting
Here’s a great loadout that Karl Knight uses as he’s scouting out new potential campsites.
- Trangia ( full set )
- Roll of cloth gorilla tape
- Hawkrigger Gear griddle for cooking
- My old mans homemade tin of charcloth (makes fire lighting so much easier)
- Zippo lighter
- 6x spare tarp grip clips ( ideal for extra anchor points)
- @selfemadeknives utility knife with lanyard
- First aid kit ( also contains ‘spork’ and waterproof matches)
- London Bridge Trading pack
- GoPro session mounted to dog harness
- Suunto core watch
- @firefly15_hanks camo hank
- Olight m2t
- Recycled Firefighter Field Notes
- Multicam lanyard ( @firefly15_hanks)
- Fox Pro Hunter FX-131-MGT hunting knife
The general purpose of my outing today is to have a suss out of a potential camping (hammock) spot on one of our permissions. We are very lucky on this permission as there is a fresh water stream and we are allowed to have open fires.
The dog will be coming with me today (hence the go pro harness). I will set up a tarp as the weather don’t look great and we will have some munch. The trangia will be enough for whatever I want to cook but you just can’t beat meat or fish on a griddle over an open fire.
Editor: Nothing helps our pack choices more than learning from others, so if you have a great loadout to share click the button below to get started…