Loadout: “Babe I’m going for a walk” Kit
This kit is what Chris, a Stationary Engineer, uses as his a high speed, low drag and favored highly by my no-longer-sweaty back carry.
- MountainSmith Day lumbar pack
- First aid kit
- 2 person heat sheet
- Trail chow
- Energy bar
- 34oz Stainless steel pot/cup
- One of two 1 quart canteens. Nalgeen Oasis normally
- Top right down Kelty pouch holds: Ferro rod, match safe with life boat matches and waterproof matches, store bought Fatwood *Duraflame brand
- My XXL 100% orange bandana for gathering, filtering, signaling, medical – you name it basically
- And rounding out my list is what I would take even if I had to go with nothing else – a good knife, in this case my Mora Bushcraft Black
Next is my Silky pocket boy folding saw
- And another Mora blade, my Eldris
Pack Config takes part in affiliates programs to help generate income to support the continuation of the blog. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking some of the links on this page Pack Config may earn a sales commission.
Editor: We each have our own unique carry journeys and gear preferences, but by sharing your pack and its contents you can help inform and equip others on their adventures too. Why not share a loadout today?