Loadout: DT Event
I had the great privilege of joining one of my clients (and good friends) during their 72 hour worship event held this weekend. Here’s what I threw together before heading out to the already well drenched event tent!
- Recycled Firefighter Wallet with handkerchief – handy for de-raining Mrs Config’s glasses!
- Exped drybag – actually used as a dry spot to put the pack and coats (rather than just dumping them on the mud!)
- Klean Kanteen – hydrate!
- Magpul DAKA Pouch with GOPUCK charger and Anker Cable, just in case one of us needed a charge.
- GORUCK Bullet 10L with Watcher Patch and Petzl Carabiner – there’s nothing this pack can’t handle!
- TAD Merino Quantum Half Zip – merino works great even in the wet, unfortunately no longer for sale.
- Hand Gel.
- Spyderco Urban Lightweight – because a pen knife is always handy.
- PackTowl – just in case.
- FOURSEVENS Quark Tactical torch – for finding our car in the sea of mud/vehicles at night.
- TAD Stealth LT with GITD Night Recon patch – This is getting pretty old and battered now, the seamtape is coming loose and it probably needs yet another waterproofing!! But it survives some heavy use, so hey!
- Prometheus Design Werx Stash Pouch with a mini first aid kit, some handy tool bits and of course some Ru-Titley Markers and our ID Patches.
I always try to work with people who are passionate about what they do, and the passion of the David’s Tent team is truly die-hard. They spend the year working towards their annual 72-hour non-stop worship festival. This year, despite the onslaught of some round the clock heavy rain, around 6,000 gathered to worship together with people and artist from all over the world, across different denominations and church expressions. It’s definitely worth reading more about it here.
Coming back from our holiday on Saturday and my amazing Mother, allowed Mrs Pack Config and I to get down to there for some precious hours of enjoying the event with our friends. We didn’t need loads but it was helpful to have a pack to throw extra clothing in as the event tent was toasty! Plus I always like to have a few back up items, just in case.
Editor: Nothing helps our pack choices more than learning from others, so if you have a great loadout to share click the button below to get started…